Welcome to the Quidisq forum! The instructions below explain the quick registration process and how to post your first message.
I have already posted a few ‘starter’ topics — by all means reply with your thoughts.
Please feel free to start your own topic. Anything on a company, portfolio or investing theme is welcome.
Do not worry about post ‘formatting’ or personalising your profile just yet. More importantly, let’s see if we can become better investors and improve our portfolios by creating an enthusiastic community!
Just contact me here if you get stuck or have any questions.
Maynard PatonQuidisq host and investment blogger.
Registration and Posting
1) Click Sign Up in the top-right corner:
2) Enter your email, a username (minimum 4 characters), then your real name (optional but helpful)
and then a password (minimum 8 characters). Then click Create New Account:
3) Check your inbox for a confirmation email, and then click the link:
Then follow the on-screen instructions to gain access to the forum.
4) Once inside the forum, click on the notification spotlight:
The main forum page will now appear.
5) Click on a suitable category on the left:
The relevant category page will now appear.
6) Click on New Topic:
The Create a new Topic box will appear in the bottom left.
Type in your topic title and message in the left-hand boxes.
If the yellow message appears on the right, just click esc:
7) Your message on the left will be previewed on the right:
Click Create Topic when ready to publish.
8) Your post will now be published:
Click on the header logo to go back to the main forum page.
9) Your message will now appear on the main forum page:
10) To navigate the forum, click on the top-right ‘hamburger’ menu
and select Categories or a particular category:
The ‘hamburger’ menu can also guide you to
the latest/unread posts and other information.
11) To change your user details, click on the top-right letter,
then the person icon, and then Preferences:
Click on the header logo to go back to the main page.
12) Use the Test Area category to practice posting.
To include images, simply drag and drop
from your desktop into the message box.
Alternatively, click on your selected image and CTRL+C,
then in your post, CTRL+V at the appropriate point.
The forum software will create a line of code in your post,
but the image will be displayed in the right-hand ‘preview’ box.
PDF documents can be copied in the same manner.
13) To log out, click on your profile picture,
then the person icon, and then Log Out:
14) To log back in, simply visit https://forum.quidisq.com/